Bid Opening Process
On June 22, 2022, the Board approved amendments to certain provisions of the City Procurement Regulations relating to the receiving and opening of bids. The amendments do the following:
- simplify and streamline the process for receiving and opening bids; remove the requirement of “wet” signatures on bid
- documents by specifying that electronic signatures are valid and effective;
- make permanent the current practice of recording bid results electronically after they are announced live at Board meetings, and posting bid results on the Comptroller’s website the same day bids are opened; and
- allow the Board to make copies of bids available for inspection electronically, and clarify that any part of a bidder’s submission not clearly designated as confidential is subject to disclosure under the Maryland Public Information Act.
More changes are forthcoming and will be publicly posted as needed. Vendors, suppliers, or other interested parties can sign up for email updates on all BOE processes by e-mailing us.
Formal bids must be received by 11:00 a.m. on the date advertised.
Late bids will NOT be accepted.
City of Baltimore
c/o Office of the Comptroller
204 City Hall
100 N. Holliday Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
All mailed bids must be received by the submission deadline.
Hand Delivery: Vendors may hand-deliver bid packages to the Office of the Comptroller at the above address. All hand-delivered packages must meet the submission deadline.
Questions regarding bid specifications must be addressed to the agency soliciting the bid. The Comptroller's Office cannot and does not respond to questions about bid specifications or qualifications.
- NOTICE: DGS - GS19825R - Market Center Garage Repairs - is due on December 21, 2022. At the December 7th bid opening GS19825R was incorrectly called for opening and listed incorrectly on posted bid sheets. This error has been corrected and bids for GS19825R, due on December 21, 2022, will be opened at 12 pm on that date. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
- November 16, 2022
- November 2, 2022
- October 19, 2022
NOTICE: RP21808 - Walter P Carter Pool and Bathhouse - is due on November 2, 2022. At the October 19th, bid opening RP21808 was incorrectly called for opening and listed incorrectly on posted bid sheets. This error has been corrected and bids for RP21808, due on November 2, 2022, will be opened at 12pm on that date. The bid sheet has been updated to reflect this correction and is posted on the Comptroller’s website. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
- October 5, 2022
- September 21, 2022
- September 7, 2022
- August 24, 2022
- August 3, 2022
- July 20, 2022
- June 29, 2022
- June 22, 2022
- June 15, 2022
- June 1, 2022
- May 18, 2022
- May 4, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- April 6, 2022
- March 16, 2022
- March 2, 2022
- February 16, 2022
Per Baltimore City’s Procurement Regulations, interested parties may review copies of opened bids in the Office of the Board of Estimates. Bids may be viewed by appointment ONLY and must be scheduled 24 hours in advance to ensure we have staff available to greet you and access bid files.
To schedule a time to review a bid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please include the following: your name, your company's name, your phone number, and solicitation number.