Board of Estimates Database
Note: The Board of Estimates is currently transitioning to a new data management system, which may result in delays in updates on the BOE Database. This is a temporary situation and timely BOE Database updates will resume as soon as resources are able.
The Baltimore City Board of Estimates database has been compiled from every meeting docket since December 2020. This tool is fully searchable and intended to provide both transparency and easy access to searchable information for the Comptroller’s Office, internal agency customers and the public.
This database will be continuously refined to clarify inconsistencies in terminology and classification. Members of the public are encouraged to reach out to the Comptroller’s Office with questions about specific details.
The Summaries will be updated within 10 days of each Board of Estimates meeting. There will also be routine cleaning and organizing. Any major changes will be explained on this page.
Watch this video to learn how to use the database!
The tool can be used on your mobile device or desktop. For the best experience, use this on a desktop and click on the “View Larger Version” in the lower right hand corner of the table.
There are five different tables that connect to the main BOE table:
- Board of Estimates: Main table with individual BOE transactions.
- This table has multiple views on the left side including: All BOE items (grid), BOE Agendas by Meeting Date (grid), BOE Meetings by Date (Kanban), Extra Work Orders by Agency and Contract # (grid), BOE Items by Agency (Kanban), DPW BOE Items (grid), Procurement BOE Items (grid), DOT BOE Items (grid), DHCD BOE Items (grid) and Categorical Breakdown (grid).
- Vendors: Table with each entity in the "Supplier/Contractor/Bidder/Developer/Org Partner" column, with its relevant transactions(s), and the approximate total expenditures recorded.
- Contract numbers: Unique identifiers for each contract, with its relevant transactions(s), relevant vendors, and the approximate total expenditures recorded for that contract.
- Project numbers: Unique identifier for each project, with its relevant transactions(s), relevant vendors, relevant task numbers for that project, and the approximate total project expenditures.
- Data dictionary: agency acronyms defined, submission categories defined, transaction details (columns on the Board of Estimates table).
Last updated: 11/14/2022