Release: Board of Estimates Agenda for 3/31
Friday Apr 9th, 2021
204 City Hall - Baltimore Maryland 21202
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Geoff Shannon, Public Relations Officer
Baltimore, MD - The Board of Estimates agenda for the March 31st meeting is now available. It can be found at https://comptroller.baltimorecity.gov/boe/meetings.
Items of note:
- Page 2, Dept of Law, Settlement Agreement and Release with Atlantic States Insurance Company as subrogee of Trison Construction, Inc. Settlement amount is $40,000 to repair damages to Trison’s building and personal property.
- Page 4, Dept of Law, Settlement Agreement and Release for Theresa Rouse v. Mayor and City Council. Settlement amount is $45,000 for a Section 1983 claim brought against the Baltimore Police Department (BPD).
- Page 14, Police Department, Grant Award from Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention. $9.18 million grant for the “Crime Reduction” project.
- Page 22, Mayor’s Office of Children and Family Success, Grant Award from U.S. Department of the Treasury. $17,739,748 for eviction prevention.
- Pages 29-30, Dept. of Rec and Parks, Task Assignment No. 8 to Rummel, Klepper & Kahl under Project No. 1315, On-Call Civil Engineering Design Services for $34,514.84. WBE attainment is 12.75% towards a 14% goal and MBE is 18.36% towards a 28% goal.
- Pages 35-36, DPW, Extra Work Order #2 for SC 965, Improvements to the Sanitary Sewers in the North East Area of Baltimore City for $0. Contract was awarded in April 2019 for $12,448,798.05, but thus far only $1,258,108 has been spent.The contract technically expired on November 27, 2020 but work continued with a “completion date of February 8, 2021.”
- Pages 44-51, DPW, Task Assignment Nos. 3 and 4 under Project 1236M, On-Call Stormwater Study and Engineering Design Services for $291,350.53 and $508,430.90.
- Page 58, Bureau of Procurement, Recommendation to Reject All Bids for Mitel VOIP Software Maintenance and Hardware Support.
- Pages 61-62, Bureau of Procurement, Contract Correction and Renewal with Premier Staffing Source, Inc. for Temporary Administrative Personnel Services for $4,000,000.00. MBE attainment is 0% for a 10% goal and WBE is 0.27% for a 5% goal.
- Page 62, Bureau of Procurement, Contract Increase with National Airwall Systems for Periodic Maintenance of Operable Walls. A 5% MBE goal was set initially but MWBOO granted a waiver in 2018 so there has been no attainment.
- Page 63, Bureau of Procurement, Sole Source Contract with Cellebrite Ultimate for Software and Hardware Upgrades for $202,058.00.
- Pages 65-69, Bureau of Procurement, Contract Extensions for Citywide Police Requested Towing Services.
To protest a proposed action of the Board or otherwise address the Board please notify the Clerk, Room 204, City Hall, 100 N. Holliday Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202 in writing by Tuesday, March 23rd at 12pm. Protests can be sent to email@example.com. The Board shall award the contract as an entirety to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, or by items to the respective lowest responsive and responsible bidders, or reject all bids. The decision to reject all bids is final and not subject to protest.
Please note Baltimore City Hall is closed to the public during the COVID-19 health crisis. All Board of Estimates meetings will be conducted via remote video conference. Viewers can watch the meetings on Charm TV or channel 25.