Municipal Post Office (MPO)
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
1. Where is the MPO located?
- The MPO is located at 100 Guilford Ave., Baltimore, MD 21202
(across from the rear of the City Hall building).
2. What are the MPO Hours of Operation?
- 7:30 am – 5:00 pm (M-F)
3. Does the MPO close for lunch?
- Yes, between 12 pm – 1 pm, daily
4. What are the MPO email address and telephone numbers?
- email: [email protected]
- Telephone numbers: 410- 545- 3007, 410- 396-3423
5. What type of mailing services does the MPO offer?
- The MPO Processes incoming and outgoing US mail, including parcels, packages, and interdepartmental mail for Baltimore City agencies and related locations that house City services.
- The MPO also processes special mail designation requests for agencies including registered mail, special delivery mail, certified mail, and express mail.
- The MPO handles the Insertions and Presorting of notices and bills.
6. When is an agency charged for postage services?
- An agency is charged at the end of each month for accumulated postage incurred through use of the MPO’s standard metered system.
7. Who should be notified for a change of address?
- An agency head can send an email to [email protected] to request a change of address.
8. How much time does the MPO require to process large/bulk mailings?
- The MPO requires a minimum of 24 hours to process large/bulk mailings. A large/bulk mailing is considered five thousand pieces or more.
9. How does an agency get set up for daily delivery?
- An agency head can send an email to [email protected] to request daily delivery services.
10. I want to send mail to a City agency. What is the best method?
- Interdepartmental mail is the best method.
- Mail is picked up/delivered twice daily, 10 am and 2 pm, M – F.
- USPS mail should be completed by 2 pm to be sent out the same day.
- You can also contact the MPO to schedule a special request pickup for a specific time.