Release: Board of Estimates Agenda for 12/8
Monday Dec 6th, 2021
204 City Hall - Baltimore Maryland 21202
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Geoff Shannon, Public Relations Officer
Baltimore, MD - The Board of Estimates agenda for the December 8th meeting is now available. It can be found on the Comptroller's website under the Board of Estimates tab.
Before you review this week's agenda, make sure you review the proposed Board of Estimates regulations. Public comment closes on December 16th!
Items of note:
1. Pages 6-8, Employees’ Retirement System, Investment Management Agreements.
2. Page 11, BPD, Grant Award Agreement. Amount is $9,178,400 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention.
3. Pages 13, Law Department, Settlement Agreements and Releases. Amount of $125,000 for attorneys’ fees for the successful plaintiffs in Holmes et al v. BPD, the civil rights case stemming from the lockdown of Harlem Park in the wake of Sean Suiter’s death.
4. Page 14, Law Department, Settlement Agreements and Releases: Amount of $44,357.69 for a civil service action by Paramedic Adrian Smith vs. the Fire Department.
5. Page 25, Item #1, DHCD, CDBG Grant Agreement with I’m Still Standing Community Corporation. Grant amount is $100,000.
6. Pages 58-59, DPW, Expenditure of Funds. Payment of $144,294.24 to Environmental Quality Restoration for extra work performed under a contract for Urgent Need Stream Repair.
7. Page 61, DPW, Grant Agreement with South Baltimore Gateway Partnership for design, permitting, and construction of improvements to maintain wetlands. Grant amount is $8,600,000.
8. Page 99, City Council Bills:
- Council Bill 21-0122 grants a franchise to Johns Hopkins University for the installation and maintenance of five utility ductbanks.
- Council Bill 21-0123 grants a franchise to Maryland Transit Administration for the installation and maintenance of fiber optic cable infrastructure to its facility at 6000 Metro Drive.
9. Page 102, Bureau of Risk Management, Renewal of FY22 Cyber Insurance Coverage. The renewal premium amount is $1,039,253.
10. Page 107, Item #1, Bureau of Procurement, Recommendation for Award to Civic Initiatives, LLC of Contract B50006206 for Procurement Assessment and Transformation. Amount is $356,180.
11. Pages 117-118, Item #8, Bureau of Procurement, Renewal of Contract B50002877 with Itron, Inc. for Advanced Metering Infrastructure and Water Meter System Installation.
12. Page 128, Mayor’s Office of Recovery Programs, Emergency Non-Construction Consultant Agreement with University of Bltimore to support program evaluation and research. Amount is $438,000.
To address the board:
To protest a proposed action of the Board or otherwise address the Board please notify the Clerk, Room 204, City Hall, 100 N. Holliday Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202 in writing by Tuesday, December 7th at 12pm. Protests or other requests can be sent to [email protected].
The complete regulations on procurement, protests, minority and women-owned business enterprises, and debarment/suspensions can be found on the Comptroller's website.
To attend the meeting:
Please note Baltimore City Hall is closed to the public. All Board of Estimates meetings will be conducted via remote video conference. Members of the public can listen in by calling 1-408-418-9388, access code: 179 478 0446 or stream live at Charm TV's website.
In 2022, the Board of Estimates will be moving to a bi-monthly meeting schedule. To review the entire schedule, visit the Comptroller's website.