Board of Estimates Taxpayers' Night FY24
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
The Board of Estimates will host the Fiscal Year 2024 Preliminary Budget Presentation and Annual Taxpayers’ Night on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Due to public health restrictions, Taxpayers’ Night has been held virtually for the last two budget cycles. This year it will be conducted in a hybrid format. Residents can attend in person in City Hall, virtually via Webex, or tune in via CharmTV on Channel 25 or on charmtvbaltimore.com/live-stream.
Beginning at 6:00pm, Mayor Brandon M. Scott, City Council President Nick Mosby, Comptroller Bill Henry, Acting City Solicitor Ebony Thompson, and Director of Public Works Jason Mitchell will hear a brief presentation on the Fiscal 2024 Preliminary Operating Budget Plan from Laura Larsen, the City's Budget Director followed by an overview of the Proposed Capital Budget from the Department of Planning. Public testimony will begin after the presentation and continue until all participants signed up to testify have been heard.
The Fiscal 2024 Preliminary Budget Plan will be posted online on April 6th.
Residents can join this event:
- In person at City Hall in the Board of Estimates Chambers, 100 N. Holliday St.
- Virtually at shorturl.at/lpDNP, password: mQrJXnaW753. You will be required to download Webex, which may take a few minutes.
- Calling in via 408-418-9388 or 646-992-2010.
- Streaming CharmTV’s cable channel, Channel 25/1085HD, and online here.
Residents can share testimony on the budget with the Board of Estimates in the following ways:
- Signing up at the Taxpayers' Night event in person outside of the Board of Estimates Chambers.
- Virtually by signing up before April 26, 2022 at 12pm.
- Submitting written testimony through April 29, 2022.
- Leaving a voice message at 410-396-7073 through April 29, 2022.
A public notice will be sent prior to this meeting. A video of this meeting will be available.
100 Holliday Street
Baltimore, MD 21202